Moderate Risk Deleading RRP Option - 4 Hr
This course was developed by the Massachusetts Division of Occupational Safety (DOS), in collaboration with the Massachusetts Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program (CLPPP). This certificate allows the RRP trained professional to upgrade their abilities to Delead residential properties using Moderat Risk types of lead abatement. Upon completion of the training the DOS will issue the certificate holder an authorization number.
Renovators have a role to play in preventing lead poisoning. Dust from renovations, repairs, and surface preparation during painting activities creates potential lead hazards when lead-based paint is disturbed and lead-safe work practices are not used. Massachusetts has long recognized that many renovations have been used as illegal lead abatements. In an effort to protect the children of the Commonwealth and reduce the costs to a building owner the Moderat Risk Deleading RRP Option is being offered. Successful completion of the course includes taking and passing the test to become a Moderate Risk Deleader.
This half day class is from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm.
Objectives for the Course
- Understand the Regulations
- Review Set Up of Practices
- Review Prohibited Practices
- Cleaning and Checking Your Work
- Record Keeping
Organizations That Will Benefit
- State and local public agencies that administer Federal funds for housing
- Non-profit and community housing organizations, particularly those that assist public agencies in administering Federal housing funds
- State and local health departments
- Home inspection firms
- Lead and other environmental services firms
Who Should Attend?
- wants to increase their services
- renovators, remodelers, painters
- maintenance personnel, and any other workers removing or modifying painted surfaces
- Home inspectors
- All renovators are potential Deleaders